Saturday, July 18, 2015

I don't know if it's global warming but something's going on.

     I have lived in Michigan my entire life and talking about the weather here can be quiet entertaining. In one week it's not uncommon to experience several different weather conditions. Sometimes even in the same day, seriously. Yesterday we needed jeans, long sleeves with a sweatshirt and umbrellas; while today is shorts, tank tops and heading to the beach. It's always some kind of crazy weather here so the sudden changes are not too unexpected. But something is happening.
     There have been extreme changes in our snowfall, rainfall, temperatures and the level of our lakes. I'm not saying that it isn't happening in other places too but I know it's happening here and I don't like it. We have had two earthquakes this year (May and June 2015). I think the last earthquake we had here was in 1994 and before that I think was 1947. There have been other earthquakes that happened in other places around our state that we were able to feel them in Michigan but now we've had two earthquakes this year originating in our state. I can't be the only one that thinks this is odd.
     It's not uncommon for us to experience a small tornado once in a while but it's not something that is commonly expected in our area either. This year we have had several confirmed tornadoes touch down around our state, if feels to me like more than usual and a lot closer to home than I like. My thoughts and prayers go out to all of those affected by these storms.
     I have never had much interest in the weather and I'm definitely no weather woman but things are changing and I don't know that it's for the better. Michigan is known for it's unpredictable weather and it seems that our weathermen often have a difficult job to do. I think I'm going to start reading the Farmer's Almanac...

     What is causing these changes to happen?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?