Saturday, July 25, 2015

We Are T.O.P.S!

     Looking back through the years I don't ever remember a time when I was really skinny. I was always a little chubby as a kid and then as a teenager. In case you didn't already know, hormones suck... As an adult I had tried to do different diets and exercise to get to a healthy weight but it was really hard and nothing ever worked for me. When I had my peeps I gained even more weight and was never able to really lose that. Now, I look at myself in the mirror and I don't even know who I'm looking at. I am not that person I see in the mirror.
     I have known about TOPS since I was a kid. Years ago my Mom and Aunt were members of the local chapter and I can remember them always going to the weekly meetings. I talk to my cousin a lot and she has been in a chapter where she lives for a couple of years. She's had great success with her weight loss and is an inspiration to me. She is the leader of her chapter and earlier this year invited me to come check out a meeting. I liked the structure of the meeting, all the members were really friendly and they make their meetings fun. One big thing that I thought would really help me is the weekly weigh in. I think it makes you accountable for what you do and eat during the week. I decided that I need to do something to get healthy so I looked into finding a chapter in my area. The chapter my Mom used to attend is still there but they meet in the mornings and mornings don't work for me. I decided to see if I could find enough interested people to start my own chapter.
    In March I started my chapter with 10 members. We are now up to 12 members and between all of us I think we have lost around 200 pounds. I'm the leader for our chapter and I'm so proud of all my members and myself. Having a weight problem can be a long lonely road but with the support I get from my members at TOPS I know I can do this. We are all in this together.

TOPS- Taking Off Pounds Sensibly. A support group for weight loss and healthy living.

     I know there are a lot of people out there that have struggled with your weight and I would love to hear your story, thoughts or comments. What has worked for you and what hasn't?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?