Friday, June 26, 2015

It's The Final Countdown...

     I don't get out much but with having my peeps I've done quite a few different things with sports, school and after school activities. I'm no stranger to volunteering. It seems like I always have something to sell for somebody throughout the year. Yes, I'm one of those people. Girl scout cookies. Magazines. Nuts and candy. Candles. T-shirts. Bake sales. BBQ pulled pork sandwiches. Origami Owl. Thirty One. Pampered Chef. It seems like I'm always busy helping out with something. I've helped raise a lot of money. Girl Scouts has probably been/was my biggest fundraising effort with Relay For Life coming in second but today we're talking about relay.
     

Getting ready for Relay.

     This is the third year that I've had my Rosa's Rack Pack relay team and every year my team has raised more than the year before. There are about twelve teams in our county this year that all work toward the goal for our area. Each team may have several different fundraisers to help reach that goal. Then we all get together for a 24 hour event to make that final push to reach our goal. We plan for this event all year long and tomorrow, well today, it's finally here! 
     This week has been hectic trying to get things packed and ready... Tents, blankets, sleeping bags. Relay's in the park and we'll be there overnight camping. Snacks for all the team members I'll be bringing. Those peeps sure can eat! Bake sale at our site. I've spent the last several hours baking and packaging. Everything has to be prepackaged off site. Waiting for the last cookies to cool so I can go to bed... Canopy's and tables I dropped off at our site when I was there to help put the sand in the luminary bags that we'll set out later this morning. Need to set up those canopy's and tables later this morning too. Cases of water are loaded but I still need to get them on ice. Lots of little things to bring along for the theme laps around the track. Beads, leis, mustaches. Don't forget the camera and extra batteries because those are going to be some moments to remember! Thinking of batteries, I better remember the flashlights! Port-o-potties in the pitch dark are scary places to be... Need some comfy chairs to relax for a while but not too long because we all need to be walking our laps. One of our members is a massage therapist and she's decided to bring her chair to do massages again this year at our site. We have a silent auction every year and we do get some amazing items donated, like massage gift certificates! I just looked at the clock and it's 2 a.m. I have to be up at 6 a.m. to finish loading the truck and get the peeps around. I think I better get off here, bag up my last cookies and call it a day.
     Hope to see you all at relay!! 

2 comments:

  1. It was a lot of work but I had a great time and we raised a lot of money for a great cause.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?